About Us

The St Helens Golf Club was founded in 1922 and was a 6 hole course situated on the land now occupied by the NRMA St Helens Waterfront Holiday Park on St Helens Point Road. In 1929 as the game became more popular a 9 hole course was established at the Williams Brothers farm on Binalong Bay Rd and in 1943 an area behind what is now the Morty’s complex became a temporary course to satisfy the golfing needs of the locals.

In 1945 the club moved to the present site at 62 Argonaut Rd and the new course opened for play on the 2nd of April 1946. The course has had many changes over the years due to enthusiastic volunteers , whose efforts have led to the club that is present today.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email